Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SKREAMZ

is there any point in continuing with mfc

im currently writing a level editor using mfc and its about 60% (est) complete, its the bigest project i've worked on, and have been asking my self if i should move it to the .NET framework, the level editor supports plugins via dlls using interfaces i dont know if this is possible in .NET. i thought i should get your opinions. thanks for replying. [edited by - SKREAMZ on March 20, 2004 7:03:50 AM]

I personally would not trash a project 60% complete just because you want to change the code base of the project. Go ahead and finish it, then on your next project try using .Net and see which was better for you then.

Yeah, don''t change just because there''s a lot of hype going around! Do you need .Net? If so, change, if not, don''t. Otherwise you could end up spending your life chasing the latest technology and never releasing anything. MFC will be around for a long time yet.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

It depends on what you want to achieve. If it''s a project that will be released, keep MFC for now. If it''s for fun/learning, then port it over if you feel like it. Learning .NET is certainly not time wasted. It will be around for a long time, presumably.