Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soggie

Java Audio File Format Converter

Hi guys I am trying to create an audio file format converter. It is supposed to be able to convert MP3, WAV, CDA and MIDI to any other formats. I am thinking about using Java - is it possible to read and write into files using Java? It is a must that I use C++ to do it? I am not planning to use a decode/encoder or whatever... everything has to be my own work. Please gimme an idea of what language should I use k? I personally prefer Java more... Thanks...

If I am not totally mistaken, you must pay a license fee to release programs that exports mp3-files? I am not sure though.

DISCLAIMER: If any of the above statements are incorrect, feel free to deliver me a good hard slap!

My games: DracMan | Swift blocks

[edited by - JohanOfverstedt on March 20, 2004 7:36:24 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Its certainly possible to do file IO with Java in an application - I suspect that you can''t do file IO on the client machine in an applet though (due to the Java sandboxing policy). I have seen a java MP3 player (decoder) - try http://www.javazoom.net/javalayer/javalayer.html for more info, there is a version of it that is LGPL if you want to use it (basically you can do anything you want with it - use it commercially or what ever...)