Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Java Audio File Format Converter

This topic is 5018 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys I am trying to create an audio file format converter. It is supposed to be able to convert MP3, WAV, CDA and MIDI to any other formats. I am thinking about using Java - is it possible to read and write into files using Java? It is a must that I use C++ to do it? I am not planning to use a decode/encoder or whatever... everything has to be my own work. Please gimme an idea of what language should I use k? I personally prefer Java more... Thanks...

If I am not totally mistaken, you must pay a license fee to release programs that exports mp3-files? I am not sure though.

DISCLAIMER: If any of the above statements are incorrect, feel free to deliver me a good hard slap!

My games: DracMan | Swift blocks

[edited by - JohanOfverstedt on March 20, 2004 7:36:24 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
Its certainly possible to do file IO with Java in an application - I suspect that you can''t do file IO on the client machine in an applet though (due to the Java sandboxing policy). I have seen a java MP3 player (decoder) - try http://www.javazoom.net/javalayer/javalayer.html for more info, there is a version of it that is LGPL if you want to use it (basically you can do anything you want with it - use it commercially or what ever...)