• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angry

searching for a script-language

This topic is 5204 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anyone know of a simple script language that is like javascript? However unlike javascript it should support file in/out-put. I know you can do this in javascript with activeX components, however then you get some nasty popups, which I don't like :/ These small programs I'm planning to create will only be on my computer, so it isn't important if the interpreter is well used throughout the world. Ideas? edit: oh, and it should be free :D [edited by - angry on March 20, 2004 12:13:58 PM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster

I haven''t used it much, but if I remember correctly, PHP allows you to do file input and output, and it can be used along with html, since it sounds like you''re trying to do all this from a web page. I also believe its free.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!