Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badson

Interest in Trial Creation Application

Hi, Let me preface this by saying this is not an advertisement – I have not included any links/company name in this post. I just want to see if there is any interest in this community for the following. We’ve been developing a free trial creation application called…Trial Creator. This application is an injection system that allows you to set some parameters through a GUI interface. Once the parameters are set you just inject the trial functionality right into your already compiled exe – works with any standard Win32 exe, dll, ocx, and scr formats. Then when your customers run your game they are first shown the trial nag dialog. The program allows a 30-day trial and has functionality to stop back-dating (i.e. setting your clock back to get more time) as well as stopping re-installation to get another 30 days. The nag dialog has a link to your site as well as customized text you can place. It also has an option to countdown the disabled continue button for 10 seconds before enabling it and allowing the user to start your game. This trial creation program is free and not a demo itself – it never expires. Now, I’ll be honest, the program is a selling tool for our company. We also provide eCommerce as well as licensing for Software. If you sell through our eCommerce site the Trial Creator program opens up more features such as automated activations (i.e. your trial can be activated into the full program once the customer has purchased through our eCommerce server). But again, that aspect of the program is still free as well as is the signup to our eCommerce site – we only take 4% - 6% commission per sale. I just wanted to see if there was interest for such a free program in this community. As a hobbyist game developer myself I thought it would be a great way to easily create a time-limited trial of my games. Again, the program will be free – it just contains a lot of “Buy our full product” text, but we designed this to not get in the way at all if you only want to create your 30-day trials. Thanks, - Dan