Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Promit

Is the 'interface' keyword an MS C++ extension?

Just wondering if the ''interface'' keyword is standard C++ or if it''s an MS extension to the language.

As far as I know interface is a Java keyword, and never in my years have I ever seen it used in C++. To this extent I''d say it was an MS extension if you''ve seen it used.

I was going to say am\lmost the exact same thing. interface is a Pascal/Delphi keyword, but I''ve never heard of it being in C++.

interface is a #define for struct (or struct FAR) that is declared in BaseTyps.h and ObjBase.h in the Windows Platform SDK.

Doesn''t mean it''s a keyword, just that they chose to highlight it. You can highlight your own name if you like. I think the file to alter is usertypes.dat or something like that.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]

quote:
Original post by SiCrane
It''s "usertype.dat". No ''s''.

What is the full path to this file? Basically, what comes after ''Microsoft Visual Studio/'' ?

It varies from version to version. Your documentation should tell you. But for .NET it should go in the same directory as devenv.exe. Keep in mind that a clean install probably won''t have a usertype.dat file. You''ll need to create it yourself; it''s just a text file, Notepad will work.

You are likely looking at the interface keyword that is part of Managed C++ (.NET) extensions. I don''t remember if it is interface or _interface