Is the 'interface' keyword an MS C++ extension?

Started by
13 comments, last by Promit 20 years ago
Just wondering if the ''interface'' keyword is standard C++ or if it''s an MS extension to the language.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
As far as I know interface is a Java keyword, and never in my years have I ever seen it used in C++. To this extent I''d say it was an MS extension if you''ve seen it used.
I was going to say am\lmost the exact same thing. interface is a Pascal/Delphi keyword, but I''ve never heard of it being in C++.
"In order to understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."
My website dedicated to sorting algorithms
I see it alot in COM object headers. It is probably #defined somewhere in one of the COM or ATL headers.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
It''s an official keyword in Delphi and C#

See this as well.
interface is a #define for struct (or struct FAR) that is declared in BaseTyps.h and ObjBase.h in the Windows Platform SDK.
In MS vc++, its more than a #define, because it changes to blue just like other keywords do.
Doesn''t mean it''s a keyword, just that they chose to highlight it. You can highlight your own name if you like. I think the file to alter is usertypes.dat or something like that.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
It''s "usertype.dat". No ''s''.
Oh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement