Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Texture mapping

This topic is 5017 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I''ve been going through the nehe.gamedev.net tutorials and found a little problem in tutorial nr 10. I''ve been trying to make my own version and loading my own bitmap but can''t seem to make it work. I found that the reason why my picture doesn''t load is because it''s bigger then the one used in the tutorial. What can I do if my picture is bigger then the surface I''m trying to draw it on? The dimensions I have on the picture are 600x444 Maybe my problem is solved with this function call but I tryed different things here without any result. glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D,GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER,GL_NEAREST); Thanks!

The dimensions of your source images for your textures need to be a power of two, or OpenGL will not handle them.
e.g.
128x256
512x256
1024x1024
etc...

There is an extension to OpenGL for handling non power of two textures (NV_texture_rectangle if you really want to know, there is also ARB_texture_non_power_of_two), but I'd advise getting the basics down before moving on to anything like that, they're fairly special case uses anyway.

EDIT: typo

-Mezz

[edited by - Mezz on March 21, 2004 4:29:58 AM]