.X Model too big

Started by
7 comments, last by Rural 20 years, 1 month ago
I used 3D Max 4 and Panda exporter to export the model i created how ever ..... when i import it into my game. The model is awesomely huge....... Is there any configuration i can do to control the sizing whether in MAX or DirectX?
Advertisement
I''m sure there''s some way to do that in MAX but I''m not a modeler, so I don''t know how. In DirectX, you can just use a scaling matrix to reduce the size of your model when rendering.

neneboricua
I''m not sure this will work, but did you play around with the Customize->Units dialog options? It''d probably be good to set it to feet or meters or something, just to get a feel for the size of the objects.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Thanks pple...

But you guyz know DirextX uses what units? Then i can congfigure the MAX better... without trail and error....
Create one model that is the proper scale in your program and then use that as a ruler in when making your models in max.

~Wave
using the default settings of the panda exporter the ratio is 1 to 1.

so if you make a box in 3dsmax 1x1x1
it will be 1x1x1 in d3d

if you make your models big in 3dsmax you can scale your model in 3dsmax with a few clicks or you can use matrices in d3d to scale it
Beware if you scale using the matrix the normals also get scaled....
------------------------See my games programming site at: www.toymaker.info
Just define the units in directx to be in meters.
Than create a model that is exactly one unit in
MAX, and get the ratio of Directx to MAX. Then
multiply the ration against your Max unit length,
and you''ll be good to go!
I always just do the scaling with matrices, and play around with it until I get the right size; it never seems to get the right size when I scale it in the modeller.

Yes... VB6 is here to steal your minds. Very slowly.
Beware of VB6er: will kill for fps...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement