Vertex shader tutorials?

Started by
3 comments, last by Sfpiano 20 years, 1 month ago
Do they exist online?, because I can''t find any. I downloaded cg and rendermonkey; they provide no explanations, just give a bunch of examples. Everything I''ve come across is either simply applying color, or something advanced.
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The great logician Bertrand Russell once claimed that he could prove anything if given that 1+1=1. So one day, some fool asked him, "Ok. Prove that you're the Pope." He thought for a while and proclaimed, "I am one. The Pope is one. Therefore, the Pope and I are one."
Advertisement
Why don''t you look at the articles section on this site? There''s an excellent shader programming series by Wolfgang Engel.
Buy book(s). For CG you can buy "The CG Tutorial", good book for those who are learning shder programming and simple basic shaders.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
quote:Original post by fredizzimo
Why don't you look at the articles section on this site? There's an excellent shader programming series by Wolfgang Engel.

That is an old tutorial and some of the things do not apply anymore like this:
DWORD SDec[] = {	D3DVSD_STREAM(0),	D3DVSD_REG(0, D3DVSDT_FLOAT3 ), // input register #1	D3DVSD_REG(3, D3DVSDT_FLOAT3 ), // normal in input register #4	D3DVSD_END()}  
, and device->SetVertexShaderConstant().

And I rather not spend $40 on a book that I have no idea how much use I'll get out of, and I only have a geForce3 so I couldn't run half of the examples from the book anyway.

[edited by - Sfpiano on March 22, 2004 5:58:44 PM]
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The great logician Bertrand Russell once claimed that he could prove anything if given that 1+1=1. So one day, some fool asked him, "Ok. Prove that you're the Pope." He thought for a while and proclaimed, "I am one. The Pope is one. Therefore, the Pope and I are one."
Google for "vertex program tutorials". Thanks for starting this thread... I wasn''t getting anything either with "vertex shader tutorials". However, "vertex program tutorials" yields good results.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement