Anyone have any good blending modes to share?

Started by
0 comments, last by Goober King 20 years, 1 month ago
A couple of days ago I ended up ditching Direct draw for a 2D project and am now trying to get OpenGL to do everything. One thing I want to have nailed down is a couple of good blending effects I can use. I had Alpha and Add blends written for DD which are covered in OpenGL way better than doing it in 2D. I also was planning on using a Subtractive effect that I cant figure out how to get with OGL blending. It was just DesColor-SourceColor. Black ends up doing nothing an white goes black. Ends up looking kinda like a spooky inverted image. Best thing was you didn''t need any kind of alpha info and could use it just like attition effects. Addition is like happy/good energy. Subtractive was dark/evil and every now and then I would like some evil energy. Yet as I try mixing all the options I cannot find anything like it, or a replacement. Toss in the alpha channel with all the blending options and there are more than a few options. So I thought maybe some of you have come up with some cool blending combos you wish to share.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Advertisement
Unextended opengl 1.1 doenst have subtractive blending.
but i dont think you find alot of cards that doesnt support it ( since d3d wants it) nowadays.

the extension is named ''EXT_blend_subtract'' or if you have opengl 1.2 or higher you have the glBlendEquation(enum) call.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement