Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

using game engine......

This topic is 5013 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

HI! I want to make a car race in a very short duration of 3 months.It should be a 3d car game.I think i don''t have so much time to make any engine for my car game.Which will be a preferable engine to make a game of this type. what do u say about quake 2 engine.I am also trying to use power render engine.Plzz give me a good response. regards Mizraab

I have done some work with the Genesis3D, and I find it not extremely hard to use. It contains a lot of example code and a complete game (first person shooter.) Unfortunately, it is not very new and does not contain the latest technologies (IIRC from the last time I used it.) The most popular 3D game engine that is open source right now is called Crystal Space 3D. I have not done any engines-specific work with it, but a lot of code review and reference. I also use the build system that comes with it, very nice.

Look into one of those two.

The Fly3D engine used in the book "3D Games: Real-time Rendering and Software Technology, Volume 1" is a simple but suprisingly good engine. I remember that in the first version of the engine there was a little cellshaded carracing-game. The adress for the engine is: http://www.fly3d.com.br/, though it was down last time I tried to access it.