My photorealistic terrain renderer(with volumetric fog).

Started by
25 comments, last by Dmytry 20 years ago
Heh,my terrain renderer mostly works well now! shots Are it''s photorealistic? Comments,pls. Rendering at about 3 fps 1280*1024,PIII 700MHz. Version to play with will be avaliable so-on,i need to write simple script documentation.... ...
Advertisement
and shot:

[Edited by - Dmytry on March 27, 2005 1:16:16 PM]
this is voxels? looks amazingly detailed. can''t wait to run it on a p4 2.8gig.. (or an a64 for that mather:D)

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Really amazing!
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
Holy shizzle fo'' rizzle dizzle, mah nizzle fizzle!

Looking fantastic. When''s the article coming out?

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Wow, looks great... but since when was 3fps ''interactive'' rates?

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

OMG!

~3 fps on what PC configuration? (didn''t notice any mention of this during my quick glance at the website).

Muhammad Haggag
Bitwise account: MHaggag -

"rendering at about 3 fps 1280*1024,PIII 700MHz."

cant wait for playable so we can get some real tests.
>=1 fps are interactive since soviet moon lander Lunochod :-)))

3fps is much more interactive that 1 hour per frame. I''m no longer saying realtime :-)
But at 4-processor system that should be better.(algo are very scalable,because it''s semi-raytracing)

Actually image here aren''t screenshot,i''ve misused word ,it was rendered at 4000*4000, then scaled down and then i used sharpen filter. Interactive rendering aren''t that amasing,there''s no antialiasing other than via supersampling and realtime rendering looks as good(or as bad) as Terragen "progress screen" while rendering.

It takes several seconds to render 4000x4000,faster than to save image.

More and more post-processing:

warning,2Mb, 2000x2000

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement