Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xabbu

keyboard?

I''ve never found a computer that won''t boot without a keyboard.

Generally they get annoyed and complain, but they go ahead and boot up anyway.

Why, does yours refuse to start?

Well when it doenst have a keyboard, it shows a screen saying its not connected and to connect it, and then press f1 or something..(i have xp)

Hello Xabbu,

1) Boot without keyboard referring to it no plugged in?
2) Boot without keyboard referring to a KVM switch and you arent selected on that comp?
or...
3) Boot without keyboard referring to the fact you dont want one and the motherboard keeps whining about it?
4) else...

Edit: Ah ok. Well usually a computer needs a computer to boot with, but I'll look into it more and see if there is a way/procedure to actually bypass the motherboards search for one.

[BDS]StackOverflow

[edited by - BlueDev on March 22, 2004 6:45:46 PM]

quote:
Original post by Xabbu
Question, how do i acces BIOS?

when your computer is starting up it will say something like hit DEL to enter setup or hit F2 or whatever. hit that key and you'll enter the BIOS setup. presumably that's what you mean. or do you mean, "how do i directly talk to the BIOS through a program"?

either way, accessing the BIOS will definitely require a keyboard

-me

[edited by - Palidine on March 22, 2004 6:55:43 PM]

Alright,

That's an easy one I think.

When you turn your computer on, or restart it you should probably see a screen that looks like DOS telling you about your hardware, what hard drives you have in your machine, including amount of RAM and etc...

With most motherboards when that screen comes up press the DEL key. Either, perferbaly the one on numpad (at least for myself). Other motherboards have you press the F2 key, other the F10 key.

A good tool I've used to determine what specs you have on your computer is AIDA. It tells you from what motherboard, CPU, RAM you have to what chipset your motherboard has.

Anyway, tell me if this works and if not install the program and at least list what motherboard you have.

Edit: Aww, Palidine got to it first

Hope this helps,
[BDS]StackOverflow

[edited by - BlueDev on March 22, 2004 6:59:13 PM]

Alright,

Well then with Toshiba it should be DEL or F2. I''m not sure, try them both just keep hitting them until you make it in to your BIOS screen

Good luck,
[BDS]StackOverflow