keyboard?

Started by
12 comments, last by Xabbu 20 years, 1 month ago
Is there a way to boot a computer without the keyboard?
"He had surived everything, developing a faciltiy that was the envy of players every where on the net. He was the most famous character in the Middle country game,recruited for every battle..first choice for every important task"
Advertisement
I''ve never found a computer that won''t boot without a keyboard.

Generally they get annoyed and complain, but they go ahead and boot up anyway.

Why, does yours refuse to start?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Well when it doenst have a keyboard, it shows a screen saying its not connected and to connect it, and then press f1 or something..(i have xp)
"He had surived everything, developing a faciltiy that was the envy of players every where on the net. He was the most famous character in the Middle country game,recruited for every battle..first choice for every important task"
Hello Xabbu,

1) Boot without keyboard referring to it no plugged in?
2) Boot without keyboard referring to a KVM switch and you arent selected on that comp?
or...
3) Boot without keyboard referring to the fact you dont want one and the motherboard keeps whining about it?
4) else...

Edit: Ah ok. Well usually a computer needs a computer to boot with, but I'll look into it more and see if there is a way/procedure to actually bypass the motherboards search for one.

[BDS]StackOverflow

[edited by - BlueDev on March 22, 2004 6:45:46 PM]
[/quote]
Booting without it pluged in.
Ohh thanks..

I also prevail against my parents!mwuaha
Well,

You know what I just found a handy link.

Another set of links, one from microsoft, and the other is hardware

Hope this helps,
[BDS]StackOverflow
[/quote]
Question, how do i acces BIOS?
Don''t you have to boot with a keyboard to get into PMode?
quote:Original post by Xabbu
Question, how do i acces BIOS?

when your computer is starting up it will say something like hit DEL to enter setup or hit F2 or whatever. hit that key and you'll enter the BIOS setup. presumably that's what you mean. or do you mean, "how do i directly talk to the BIOS through a program"?

either way, accessing the BIOS will definitely require a keyboard

-me

[edited by - Palidine on March 22, 2004 6:55:43 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement