Exporting C++ class to Visual Basic

Started by
6 comments, last by Maega 20 years, 1 month ago
What are the steps I need to take to do this? Is it even possible? I searched google, but didn''t find anything useful.
Advertisement
Hello Maega,

What do you mean by exporting.

1) You are trying to learn how to recode it in VB?
2) You are trying to make a DLL or Library out of your class then to import it in using VB?
3) other...

Well for all I''ve known I''m sure you could possibly rewrite your class and code in VB as long as you know how to code it. I havent seen a program to convert all the code and so forth, probably no need for it but for the exception maybe they will design something.

Anyway, just let me know what you are trying to do, maybe I could help a little bit more.

[BDS]StackOverflow
[/quote]
If you are using .NET you can do that seamlessly.
Microsoft Interface Definition Language (MIDL)

Start looking into that.
If I understand correctly --

You want to define a C++ class in a DLL and then access that class from Visual Basic?

The only way to do this is to use COM. This is a long, long thing to explain, so you may as well hit MSDN and look for stuff; there''s a lot there.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Hmm

Thanks.. I''ll have to try to find something in there.

I wrote an ATL tutorial some time ago (that makes a COM dll using C++ & the ATL, and uses it in Excel because I didn''t have VB installed), but it''s embedded in a thread somewhere on the board. Lemme try to find it...
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Bingo.

Magmai, you can thank me later
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement