RPG/Action/Adventure Game Develop Requests And Help

Started by
3 comments, last by ps2hacker 20 years, 1 month ago
I am developing a rpg, action, adventure, and other genre games into one entire game, but I need help as what language to use, graphics programs help, and other stuff. If anyone has help, or wants to help develop the game, please help, note: the programs can only be freeware, i dont have thousands for programs...
~ Developing the futures games, in yesterday's time ~
Advertisement
Do you know how to program? What are your skills? What have you done previously?

Knowing the above will allow people to more accurately aid you and provide sensible suggestions.
How much experience do you have? Do you know any languages, and how long have you programmed in them if so? Quickly looking at your other posts, it looks like you need to slow down and learn C++ first. Then, when you are comfortable with C++, go ahead and learn OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, or whatever it is you plan to make games with. I am currently working my way through OpenGL, and can tell you that it can take a while to learn everything you want to know. However, my approach is to learn everything you need before you start, some people like to learn only the basics, then jump in and quickly browse through a tutorial if they need to implement something they don't know, but that is a bad idea from personal experience.

EDIT: He beat me to it.
Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@NOSPAM.comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis

[edited by - ssimontis on March 22, 2004 8:41:02 PM]
Scott SimontisMy political blog
quote:Original post by sSimontis
How much experience do you have? Do you know any languages, and how long have you programmed in them if so? Quickly looking at your other posts, it looks like you need to slow down and learn C++ first. Then, when you are comfortable with C++, go ahead and learn OpenGL, DirectX, SDL, or whatever it is you plan to make games with. I am currently working my way through OpenGL, and can tell you that it can take a while to learn everything you want to know. However, my approach is to learn everything you need before you start, some people like to learn only the basics, then jump in and quickly browse through a tutorial if they need to implement something they don''t know, but that is a bad idea from personal experience.

EDIT: He beat me to it.
Scott Simontis
e-mail:ageofscott@NOSPAM.comcast.net
AIM:ssimontis

Lol, from my experience, if you learn everything before starting, you will never start!

quote:Original post by GamerSg
Lol, from my experience, if you learn everything before starting, you will never start!

But if you don''t at least learn the basics, you will probably never finish.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement