Need Map Editor tools.

Started by
14 comments, last by firewindshadow 20 years ago
Ahhh... sorry for my misunderstanding.
It should be fairly easy to make a ripping tool then. Let me refer to the single large map as the "collage" and the individual images as "sprites". Are the sprites all equally spaced? Or are there some embedded pixels to indicate each sprite size? I take it that the entire collage has the same background color - or is it a pattern rather than a single color? Do you need to convert each sprite into a separate file, or do you want to convert the collage into a new collage with each sprite drawn as a diamond? What is the bit depth of the collage?

Sorry for being so nosey!
Advertisement
>>Are the sprites all equally spaced?

Yes

>>Or are there some embedded pixels to indicate each sprite size?

no

>>I take it that the entire collage has the same background color - or is it a pattern rather than a single color?

Yes, RGB (0,255,0)

>>Do you need to convert each sprite into a separate file, or do you want to convert the collage into a new collage with each sprite drawn as a diamond? What is the bit depth of the collage?

24-bit diamond collage.
wasn''t there a post here recently with a tool that would transform square tiles into iso tiles. I don''t remember if it was in this forum or maybe the general or game programming one but it had some good reviews and I believe it would do a whole tileset at a time too.

Evillive2
Evillive2
i think EDI has a tool like that on his website.
Title editor or somthing...
If you go here then scroll down to the tools and editors section and get the Iso Rotate program, I think that does what you want. It can convert a whole tileset of square tiles to isometric tiles (either floor or wall tiles).
Awesome!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement