Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gammastrahler

OpenGL OpenGL book for Shaders

Hi, is there any book available which focuses on shader programming especially for openGL? i.e. the shading language is not as important, but i need tutorials of how to use the OpenGL extensions which do the shader interaction like loading, activating, passing parameters, texture stages, combining, etc. i know the nvidia papers but they confuse me, it is nothing but a bunch of big text and full of diagrams but no concrete programming examples with source code. and i have googled for tutorials, but there are only a few useful tutorials... therefore i need a introductory tutorial of how to interact with shaders from my opengl application. can someone help me or knows about a book or some other source of information? thanks Gammastrahler

High-level shading or assmbly like shading? The OpenGL Shading Language book should be good (I''ve ordered it but not recieved it yet) or if you want to work with DirectX too you can use CG, and the book: The CG Tutorial, good book to learn CG but there are only beginner level shaders.

"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"