Animation

Started by
6 comments, last by Faydon 20 years, 1 month ago
Im wondering. What is an efficient way to develop sprite images for a game? Do I have to draw all the fucking frames myself, scan them into the computer, color them and organize them all. Is there an easier way for me to create 2D sprite animation w/o busting my ass? Keep all your secrets wrapped in dead hair...
Keep all your secrets wrapped in dead hair...
Advertisement
Well, you can draw one image, scan it and color it, and then animate the scan using copy/paste and some pixel artistry. This is the approach a lot of people at this level of development use. Alternately, you can model the object in 3D, and animate the model, taking snapshots of it in different poses. This is a popular method in a lot of 2D games. Either way, it takes a lot of work, especially if you have complex animations.

Tolerance is a drug. Sycophancy is a disease.
Tolerance is a drug. Sycophancy is a disease.
I prefer the multiple snapshots of a 3d model technique myself.

---------------------------------------------------
laziness is the foundation of efficiency
anomicworld.net | llamas! | megatokyo | gamedev.net | google
Tiffany_Smith fanboy
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
How can I model an object in 3D?
Well, you get a 3d modelling program, Maximus .

Not easy, though...and I''m sure many, many people will start to post about good modelers, so...post...away!
Things change.
MilkShape 3D is good and easy one, plus its only 20$ ..
I''ve used it to make some 2D anim once for a game. it has a snapshot / avi video feature.
--- At The Edge Of Time
Thanks
Of course, Blender is free, and more powerful than Milkshape. If you don''t mind a wierd (at first) interface.

Golem
Blender--The Gimp--Python--Lua--SDL
Nethack--Crawl--ADOM--Angband--Dungeondweller

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement