Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a_zircon

IRC Arena RPG Bot - open for public use

a_zircon    122
Hello all. Some of you *might* know me already as the administrator of soundtempest.net, and/or a freelance composer, but you probably don't, so I'll introduce myself again as an amateur game developer. I'm sure many of you are familiar with IRC- internet relay chat- as well as the mIRC chat client. Also, as you may or not be aware, mIRC supports its own scripting language, which, while inherently basic in nature, is actually quite capable of making very fun games that can be played over IRC. I have been working on a bot in mIRCscript that facilitates arena RPG battles, Nightstorm 2, over the past nine months, which can be found and played at the IRC network whitewinged-angel.com on the channel #FinalRealm . You can read more about it and learn how to play at www.zirconstudios.com/ns2.php . It is most certainly done, but there are not enough people around for me to accurately balance certain skill trees and so forth, so I would appreciate it if some of you came and checked it out. It is, of course, completely free. As we just "wiped" all characters yesterday, the playing field is fairly even, so now would be a good time to join if you plan on playing :D [edited by - a_zircon on March 23, 2004 4:23:26 PM]