Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adams555

Fullscreen? Is it just an illusion?

Adams555    158
Hello. I know how to set a window to fullscreen by setting the window to not have anything on it, and having it fill the entire screen. This seems a bit odd. I ''think'' there is a way to do it with directx. Is fullscreen just a full screensize window? Or is it actually ''fullscreen'' if you understand what I''m saying lol. Please let me know, and if there is a way to do it with DirectX, some code would be appreciated. Thanks.

TheDarkening    154
Its actualy a ''full screen''

If you just set the window to have no boarders and the size of the screen then you will have to use the resolution the monitor is currently at. Using full screen mode you can set the resolution and colour bits.

circlesoft    1178
Yes, TheDarkening is correct. When Direct3D creates a fullscreen device, it takes total control - over the resolution, color depth, and refresh rate.

To tell D3D to create a fullscreen device, (this is for DX9, but DX8 is close, if not the same) set the Windowed member of your D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS structure to FALSE. Note that when doing this, you are going to have to specify your own BackBufferFormat and FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP