Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anatomy check #2

This topic is 4999 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

"Maybe you should go put some pants on or something...if you want to keep fighting evil today"
- The Bowler, Mystery Men

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA

It looks like you applied the advice that what's-their-name gave in the first check...much better!

Everything feels much more proportionate now, at least for the 'anime' style. However, from my [limited] experience with anime (through observation only), I would say to adjust the torso a bit, make the abs more 'ripped' and less 'curved'...in every anime I've seen, above the abs specifically, the torso is more-or-less undetailed, while the abs are lightly defined or apparently exaggerated.

There...that's all I have to say this time. And sorry if it doesn't make sense, I'll revise it later...bedtime now .

EDIT: Oh...and maybe pants

"TV IS bad Meatwad...but we f***in need it"

If you're a girl under the age of 12, and you're high on marijuana...don't ride your bike. -TRUTH

[edited by - Boku San on March 23, 2004 11:38:24 PM]

Yes yes, there will be pants, just got to make sure he has a properly proportioned butt to put them on first. Oh and BTW in case you were curious he''s supposed to be a half-head taller than the female model. Do you think the shoulders/biceps should be bigger to go with his general level of muscularity? Or maybe the waist thinner...? Meh, I hate trying to self-edit a drawing I''ve just finished, I can''t get an objective perspective on it at all.

Boku-san - I understand what you mean. All the muscle detail except for the bottom line of the pecs will probably dissapear in the modelling or underneath the clothes anyway, but having the muscle detail in my sketch helps me design flattering clothes for the figure later.

i think you should perhaps slightly shorten his legs....they look really long compared to the rest of the body......or maybe i am just really short....that is probably it

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA

Try giving him some lats. that part of back muscle should make him more balance.

The calf muscle looks abit odd, reduce the outer sweep and add it to the inner sweep.

Maybe add a tad bit more shoulder too. Looking at the length of his legs, you probably want abit longer arms, to balance him.

Beside that good job. I like his eyes.

Well here is my 2cents.

The calfs are too pointed besides that increase the insides of the THigh and calfs slightly not too much also bulk up the thighs a little bit all anime chars usually have muscular legs.

Now maybe make the torso bigger and the legs a lil shorter.
(Males have longer bodies then Woman but have shorter legs then woman in general or at least ive noticed this in the most people ive seen.)

Bulk up his neck he looks too girly maybe the neck is just too long.

Chest.... Whats wrong with his pecs mine dont look like that is it human??? maybe make a smaller gap there

Hmm the abbs prolly should be curved up not down.

His Biceps need some more Definition

Maybe fix up his (armpit muscle?) look at a picture of a swimmer.

Square his jaw i hate girly chins Head overall looks girly make it longer or make the features less curvy.

Woman= Curvy
Men= Blocky

Ill edit this post or post again with a better overall comment on how I think it could be improved.

Oh ya dont bulk him too much to make him look steroid injected or anything just give a lilttle Definition, right now he looks just too girly buff girly but girly except the Bottom half of the picture.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Actually, I think the butt is okay.

You should make the girl a head shorter, though. Girly girls and manly men and all that.

Oh, I think I see... Did you draw it this way just to get the anatomy correct? I mean, without clothes, fingers, etc.. ? I''ve seen people do this a lot - either this or they draw the body in sections.

Yes that''s right - I was taught that whenever you are designing character or drawing a particular pose for the first time you draw the body first and get it right, then you worry later about details like fingers, hairstyle and clothing. I never draw my clothing directly onto my figures because I usually want to design more than one set of clothes for them, or I might mess up and have to start over and I dn''t want to hae to redo the figure drawing too, plus there''re marks from lines that don''t erase completely to worry about - therefore I draw a nude figure first, and scan and clean up and print out a fresh copy to work on in between every phase of the drawing.

Plus it''s good to draw nudes first because then the clothes look better wen drawn to be form-fitting and you can make revealing clothes that show the muscle lines you drew earlier.