Anatomy check #2

Started by
11 comments, last by sunandshadow 20 years ago
Male model to go with the female one: What needs fixed?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
"Maybe you should go put some pants on or something...if you want to keep fighting evil today"
- The Bowler, Mystery Men

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA
It looks like you applied the advice that what's-their-name gave in the first check...much better!

Everything feels much more proportionate now, at least for the 'anime' style. However, from my [limited] experience with anime (through observation only), I would say to adjust the torso a bit, make the abs more 'ripped' and less 'curved'...in every anime I've seen, above the abs specifically, the torso is more-or-less undetailed, while the abs are lightly defined or apparently exaggerated.

There...that's all I have to say this time. And sorry if it doesn't make sense, I'll revise it later...bedtime now .

EDIT: Oh...and maybe pants

"TV IS bad Meatwad...but we f***in need it"

If you're a girl under the age of 12, and you're high on marijuana...don't ride your bike. -TRUTH

[edited by - Boku San on March 23, 2004 11:38:24 PM]
Things change.
Yes yes, there will be pants, just got to make sure he has a properly proportioned butt to put them on first. Oh and BTW in case you were curious he''s supposed to be a half-head taller than the female model. Do you think the shoulders/biceps should be bigger to go with his general level of muscularity? Or maybe the waist thinner...? Meh, I hate trying to self-edit a drawing I''ve just finished, I can''t get an objective perspective on it at all.

Boku-san - I understand what you mean. All the muscle detail except for the bottom line of the pecs will probably dissapear in the modelling or underneath the clothes anyway, but having the muscle detail in my sketch helps me design flattering clothes for the figure later.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

i think you should perhaps slightly shorten his legs....they look really long compared to the rest of the body......or maybe i am just really short....that is probably it

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA
Try giving him some lats. that part of back muscle should make him more balance.

The calf muscle looks abit odd, reduce the outer sweep and add it to the inner sweep.

Maybe add a tad bit more shoulder too. Looking at the length of his legs, you probably want abit longer arms, to balance him.

Beside that good job. I like his eyes.
Well here is my 2cents.

The calfs are too pointed besides that increase the insides of the THigh and calfs slightly not too much also bulk up the thighs a little bit all anime chars usually have muscular legs.

Now maybe make the torso bigger and the legs a lil shorter.
(Males have longer bodies then Woman but have shorter legs then woman in general or at least ive noticed this in the most people ive seen.)

Bulk up his neck he looks too girly maybe the neck is just too long.

Chest.... Whats wrong with his pecs mine dont look like that is it human??? maybe make a smaller gap there

Hmm the abbs prolly should be curved up not down.

His Biceps need some more Definition

Maybe fix up his (armpit muscle?) look at a picture of a swimmer.

Square his jaw i hate girly chins Head overall looks girly make it longer or make the features less curvy.

Woman= Curvy
Men= Blocky

Ill edit this post or post again with a better overall comment on how I think it could be improved.

Oh ya dont bulk him too much to make him look steroid injected or anything just give a lilttle Definition, right now he looks just too girly buff girly but girly except the Bottom half of the picture.
Personaly I prefer girly guys, but anyway, here''s the final version (unless the project art coordiator sends it back for revision):

Well, his butt''s too flat, for one. And his head, it''s a bit too small (just a very, very bit too small).

Other than that, good stuff.

_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Actually, I think the butt is okay.

You should make the girl a head shorter, though. Girly girls and manly men and all that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement