Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Request for Tutorials

This topic is 5015 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have recently visited www.32bits.co.uk . It is a site which teaches u DirectX 8 and DirectX 9 through a set of tutorials. For those who have not been there, pay them a visit. Then I started wondering, since www.gamedev.net is one of the largest and best game programming sites, why not have tutorials like that? I am disappointed that most tutorials here are quite disorganized and not complete. I am also very sad that most people here aren''t really that helpful. Not all.... but most... No offence here, but I start to visit www.32bits.co.uk more often than here. I hope this site will try to improve its contents and quality of its tutorials. I know this site is free. I know the staff may be busy, but keep trying. Thanks

Well:
- It takes *loads* of *tons* of time to write something like the tutorials on 32bits.
Many People don''t have the time.
- In my opinion, a lot of the information provided can be extracted equally easily from the SDK documentation.
- These (and other) forums provide answers to almost any DirectX-related question.
- The printed documentation is 1,400 pages or so. Have you read them?
Read them, and when you don''t understand something, ask here. That''s a very good way to learn, and will give you much more than tutorials can (I''m not saying tutorials are bad, they''re good, but you can''t rely on them for the rest of your life. Read the docs).

Muhammad Haggag
Bitwise account: MHaggag -

quote:
I am also very sad that most people here aren''t really that helpful. Not all.... but most...

No offence here, but I start to visit www.32bits.co.uk more often than here.

well i think most people here don''t both with questions that can easily be found from the sdk tutorials, but apart from that i have learned nearly everything from this forum, i wouldnt be where i am now in dx without people of this forum. (i am the stage of making a decent 3d game now)

and that website 32bits, i didnt find that helpful, but i guess they only recently updated everything to dx9

They seem to cover the basics but that''s about it. If you look though the articles on GDnet there''s alot more covered. Perhaps not so much in a 1. Do this. 2. Do this. Method but don''t rely on someone being there to hold your hand all the way through your development. Sometimes its best to just let go and do it solo. Its always useful to have someone point you in the right direction though. The only drawback with GDnet''s articles is that because they''re archived for so long alot of there are quite out of date now.