What is the Coolest AI Demo You're Ever Seen?

Started by
5 comments, last by Telamon 20 years, 1 month ago
Hey, Quality AI demos are fun to play with, but hard to come by - I was wondering what the coolest AI demo that you''ve ever seen is. What does it do and where can I find it? I guess the neatest thing I''ve ever found is a program called Framsticks. It evolves weird little creatures on your computer and they live in a sandbox on your computer. The interesting part was that the creatures themselves were abstract constructs of geometric solids, actuators, and sensors. How well they survived was actually a function of how well those components worked together against the other critters. I don''t know the URL off the top of my head, but if you Google Framsticks, I''m sure you''ll find it. ---------------------------------------- Let be be finale of seem, seems to me. ---------------------------------------- Coding: http://www.stanford.edu/~jjshed/coding Miscellany: http://www.stanford.edu/~jjshed

Shedletsky's Bits: A Blog | ROBLOX | Twitter
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea...

Advertisement

I totally agree, that rocked! Since that I have never seen anything remotely like that.

Clicky

Edo
Edo
I vote for anything in Jeff Ventralla''s site (www.ventrella.com). In particular, Darwin Pond - I''m a biologist.

Also, I''d vote for just about anything Mat Bucland, aka fup, has done. His site www.ai-junkie has great tutorials, etc. The demos are very practical, easy to follow, and he presents numerous ideas for expanding them. I think it is impressive to be able to bring these types of things (neural nets, genetic algorithms, self-organising maps, etc.) to a general audience and make demos that are very simple yet very interesting.

Just my $0.05.

-Kirk

whoa, thanks Kirk. I''d second the Ventrella site. Also, check out Karl Simms'' work

The best AI demo I''ve seen so far is my little niece Ruby. She''s fun to play with and learns real quick. A real quality piece of coding, if a little buggy every now and then. Thank God for exceptions and asserts.

My Website: ai-junkie.com | My Book: AI Techniques for Game Programming
You''re welcome, fup, and thank _you_ for the great site, tutorials, demos, book, second book... ;^)

-Kirk
The original Neural Bot was cool, but the crown goes to Black & White for me...

Alex

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

I don''t have a single favourite. I like most of the stuff I come across. Here are some cool demos I''ve come across over the past few months:

1) AI Planet
Pretty fun actually, though media quality is sub-par

2) AI StockBot
Although crude, it is interesting to see what it picks sometimes

3) Nutty-AI
And of course anything made by me

For a non-demo program, there was this package that handled physics and character animation using AI. I can''t remember the name or the site, but if someone knows, it would be worth posting. I think it''s one of the most prominent AI developments.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement