Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDL Fullscreen

This topic is 5012 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m using OpenGL and SDL. When I try to enter fullscreen mode it exits. For some reason it cannot switch to fullscreen mode. What could this be?

set to fullscreen at start-time, or destroy and recreate your window.

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net

No, that didn''t work.

I''m using Dev-C++ with SDL and OpenGL. I want the put the screen in fullscreen mode. Nothing fancy.
It''s works if it''s just a normal window.

it does work, but you killed all your opengl resources, and due that, you have to reload all textures, vertexbuffers, what ever you have, and reset all states.

this is why they haven''t implemented this function in sdl. it needs work done by the users.

if you can go to fullscreen directly, you can switch from and towards it with ease. you just have to restore your opengl.

If that''s not the help you''re after then you''re going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

davepermen.net

Do a call to SDL_GetError() to find out what error SDL is reporting - it returns a char* so you could output it to the console or use a MessageBox() depending on what platform your on.

I got it to work. I put an extra option onto the videoflag. It doesn't take my screen width and height into consideration though.

SDL_FULLSCREEN

[edited by - Mr_Ridd on March 25, 2004 1:25:47 AM]