Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dont Understand

This topic is 5011 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am making my game on a window 98 Pentium 3 550mhz processor. It runs fine. Then i tryed it on a windows 2000 Pentium 2.40ghz processor and it runs slowly. I just dont understand it. it should run faster. i am usign nehe OO basecode. Please Help. Ructions

This proly isnt it but...

windows os''s with a nt base use unicode natively. Im sure this isnt the cause of the slowdown because the 2.4 should easily be able to handle all the conversions but it will be the cause of some slowdown unless you compiled your app with unicode. It all depends on how mucb text you use in your app.

If the faster machine doesn''t have the proper (and OpenGL-supporting) video card drivers installed, then Windows will do all OpenGL rendering via software, which is much slower. Also, if the rendering is happening on a non-primary display (i.e. on the second display of a multimon system, or on a window that spans monitors) it will also be done via software.