Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dev-C++ & cpw

This topic is 5014 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone has any ideas on how to setup cpw to run in Dev-C++? I managed to setup cpw in MSVC++6 but didn''t managed to do it for Dev-C++..

I hadn''t heard of cpw until you mentioned it, so I just downloaded it. It looks like there is a cygwin subdirectory in the library/projectfiles branch of the source tree. The pre-built cpw binaries probably won''t work, as I am guessing they were built for VC rather than Cygwin/MinGW (Dev-Cpp uses MinGW), so you''ll need to do a Cygwin build. It looks like the finally library is built using the -mno-cygwin option, so the Cygwin dependencies are not required, and it should work fine with MinGW.

I don''t have immediate access to a Windows box to test compilation of cpw, but preliminary Makefile examination suggests you may need to do a bit of Makefile hacking to get it work if you don''t have Cygwin. The Makefile (Cpw/library/projectfiles/cygwin/Makefile) contains a path reference to a location inside the Cygwin directory structure (for Freetype), so you will probably want to change this path to point to another directory with Freetype installed. If Freetype is not installed, I''m guessing you''ll need to install it, as it looks like src/cpw_font.c includes freetype.h.

There may be other things you will have to change to build it, mostly in the library/src/include/cpw_config.h file (such as more paths to freetype headers and include directories at lines 372 and 653, etc...)

Best of luck.

Golem
Blender--The Gimp--Python--Lua--SDL
Nethack--Crawl--ADOM--Angband--Dungeondweller