Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C# can't find DirectX

This topic is 5015 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve had the DXSDK installed for quite a while now but I just got VS.NET installed. I''m using C#, and I get an error on this line: using Microsoft.DirectX; All that Microsoft appears to contain are Win32, VisualBasic, and CSharp. I reinstalled the DXSDK but it still didn''t fix the problem. In C++ the problem would probably be not finding a header file, but since you don''t #include anything it don''t know that for sure. How can I get this working?

quote:
Original post by wyrd
You have to reference the libraries.

In Visual Studio, that means you''ll have to right click on the "References" node and add a reference. You should find the DirectX libraries listed in the dialog that pops up.

I see, thank you.

One more question - what kind of project should I use? I tried an empty project but it arbitrarily decided that when I said "empty", I really wanted a console window. I also tried Windows Application but it generated a form resource thing that I don''t need either. I just want to create a window based on what I tell it, and I don''t want it to "help" me by doing random unneeded things. What project type should I use?