• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timmay314

C# can't find DirectX

This topic is 5324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve had the DXSDK installed for quite a while now but I just got VS.NET installed. I''m using C#, and I get an error on this line: using Microsoft.DirectX; All that Microsoft appears to contain are Win32, VisualBasic, and CSharp. I reinstalled the DXSDK but it still didn''t fix the problem. In C++ the problem would probably be not finding a header file, but since you don''t #include anything it don''t know that for sure. How can I get this working?

Advertisement
quote:
Original post by wyrd
You have to reference the libraries.

In Visual Studio, that means you''ll have to right click on the "References" node and add a reference. You should find the DirectX libraries listed in the dialog that pops up.

I see, thank you.

One more question - what kind of project should I use? I tried an empty project but it arbitrarily decided that when I said "empty", I really wanted a console window. I also tried Windows Application but it generated a form resource thing that I don''t need either. I just want to create a window based on what I tell it, and I don''t want it to "help" me by doing random unneeded things. What project type should I use?

I would use the windows application project. All it will set up is a winform that you can then use.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!