class CnKeyFramePath : public CnPathProducer<_DataType>
{
	//FUNCTIONS

public:
		//base object style of constructor & destructor

CnKeyFramePath()						{m_bOk=false;}		
		virtual ~CnKeyFramePath()						{ End(); }	

//a must to call if you want to use the object

virtual bool Init(std::list< _DataType >& oKeys, _InterType < _DataType >* pInterpolator, float fKeyTime);
the compiler claims about this part: _InterType < _DataType >* pInterpolator in the init call, why can´t I do this?. Thnaks in advance, HexDump.
Advertisement
how is the compiler supposed to know _InterType is itself a template?

"That''s not a bug, it''s a feature!"
--me
if you think programming is like sex, you probably haven't done much of either.-------------- - capn_midnight
You're meant to do something like this:
template <typename _DataType, template <typename> class _InterType>class CnKeyFramePath : public CnPathProducer<_DataType>{	//FUNCTIONS	public:		//base object style of constructor & destructor		CnKeyFramePath()						{m_bOk=false;}				virtual ~CnKeyFramePath()						{ End(); }							//a must to call if you want to use the object		virtual bool Init(std::list< _DataType >& oKeys, _InterType < _DataType >* pInterpolator, float fKeyTime);

If your compiler doesn't support it, you'll have to find a work around or use a better compiler. Edit: can't spell.

[edited by - Null and Void on March 24, 2004 7:01:30 PM]
actually, what you want to do IS possible .. if your arguments are right .. the first response is totally incorrect (a template doesn''t KNOW anything, it just tries to compile and if it can with the arguments given, it does).

Here''s a simple example that works

template <typename ContainerType, typename ElementTypeclass MyClass : ContainerType<ElementType>  {  private:    ElementType prototypeElement;  public:    void SomeFunction(ContainerType<ElementType> &container);    void SomeFunction(MyClass &container);  };

so i don''t know what your error is, but it isn''t the template stuff ... UNLESS _InterType isn''t a templated type.
yes, but his operation demands that _InterType be a templated type... therefore, Null and Voids solution is the logical one.

The only extra piece of information is in the template argument list:
template< typename _DataType, template class _InterType >

which is basically specifying that Intertype can be any templated class. Now, upond initialization (when you actually instantiate CnKeyFramePath< T,L >), the compiler will only validate the statement if L is a templated type.

[edited by - psamty10 on March 24, 2004 7:22:02 PM]
Will also depend on the compiler your using, not all of them have full template support, i.e. they don''t comply with the spec (VC 6.0 is an example).
Well, I´m a bit messed up, I tried your solutions but no one worked for me. I suppose it will be a Vc++ 6.0 prob, that do not support this kind of declarations (it complains that I can´t nest templates).

HexDump

[edited by - HexDump on March 25, 2004 1:40:38 AM]
quote:Original post by HexDump
Well, I´m a bit messed up, I tried your solutions but no one worked for me. I suppose it will be a Vc++ 6.0 prob, that do not support this kind of declarations (it complains that I can´t nest templates).
When you get a compiler error you think may be because of the compiler''s crappiness, try it out in GCC. It''s free after all, and you just need to test this specific part. Get Dev-C++ for ez installation.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement