Madonna & Visual Studio

Started by
9 comments, last by PugPenguin 20 years ago
quote:Original post by Mastaba
Actually, I think there is a fundamental reason that it only supports 16 colors by default (the default Windows 16 color palette). It is to help ensure, that when you make a 16 color resource with that editor, that it uses the Windows 16 color palette. And every icon requires at a minimum a 16 color version of the icon for any app that uses it to meet the Windows logo requirements.

Yes that makes sense. But say, in .NET version (and before), if you switch to 256 color resource mode, you do get 256-color-palette. Then switch to 16 million color, you are back to 16 color palette. Sure you can pick more colors by changing the palette, but why not have an option of color spectrum on the front panel? Alongside or below palette? At the moment the panel is 95% empty, with color bits right at the top. It''s not like they don''t have enough room.

With MS''s obsession on dominating everything and rightly improving their products with massive team dedicated in researching various aspects of software usability, I find it most strange that this palette thing is one thing that seems to have remained unchanged since resource editor first appeared...!

quote:
Feh! Ego did him in; a certain contemporary of his known for creating amazing graphics technology is still worshipped by pimply-faced youth the world over.

I still miss the Ultima era though. These days you ask any kid who Lord British is and most often than not you''ll find that Mario & Luigi are more talked about. It''s a shame nothing happened after Ascension, they did say it was the last and he and EA weren''t working anymore, but I wish he continued the mainstream somehow. I think he''s still at that Korean NCSoft company or something, I suppose he''ll make a big return someday.

... or not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement