• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

otakujosh

PLEASE HELP ME! i need dark basic source code for a simple game!!

This topic is 5326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

as the subject says, i need a source code and possibly the executable file for dark basic for an extremely simple game. i am an art student who''s primary focus is 2d and 3d animation but have to take a programming class as part of my curriculum. my final project is due friday, march 26th before noon. if there is any way you can possibly help me i will be in your debt. thank you very much for any help josh

Advertisement
You dont plan on submitting this source as your own, I hope. Perhaps you could clarify what youre going to use it for.

dude, i''m no programmer, i''m an artist and i''m not asking for anything special, i just want something stupid and simple to receive a passing grade in the class. therefore yes, i would like to turn it in as my own just so i don''t have to retake the class next quarter. all i really know how to do is make minor modifications like shapes, sizes, and colors. any help would be appreciated. thanks

That doesnt fly with me... and probably not with anyone else on these forums. I urge you to withdraw your request.

Forum FAQ:
9) Do not ask homework related questions. The GameDev.net members are not here to answer your homework questions, its against the forum rules and few people take kindly to it. Besides, we shouldn’t need to tell you that figuring it out for yourself will be way more beneficial to you in the long run.

[edited by - psamty10 on March 25, 2004 1:17:35 AM]

i figured i would ask for help instead of just searching the net, downloading, and modifying someone else''s work. i wasn''t looking to take credit for something that someone put a lot of time, effort, and creativity in, i just wanted something slightly more complex than a ''pong'' game to earn a passing grade in the only programming class i''ll ever have to take. thanks anyway though. i suppose i''ll look elsewhere.

Except you will be taking the credit for it as you are submitting it as your own work for part of a qualification you are supposed to earn.

What would you do if your employer asked you to do the same thing?

What you are considering is morally corrupt. But that aside, what exactly were the specifications for "A SIMPLE GAME" coz I could prolly write one off the top of my head:

PRINT "I am thinking of a number, you get to guess what it is: "
GET NUMBER
IF NUMBER = 1337 THEN
PRINT "Congratulations, you are a 1337 coder!"
ELSE
PRINT "OMG! HALP! Can I please steal your source code because I am no 1337 coder!"
ENDIF

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs GPA Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche

Oh, and it wouldn''t surprise me if that doesnt work in DarkBasic, but I am sure you could tweak it into working even if you are an artist

And as a coder I am mortified! I am an artist also, my code is my art!

What you are suggesting isn''t a particularly great idea. For starters, if you copy someone''s work, they''re likely to find out and kick you out. In any case, it''s really lacks morals.

Not to mention that you''re asking with less than a day to go. You better get cracking on it.

Although, might I ask you - what uni/colledge/whatever and what subject it is?

This topic is 5326 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.