PLEASE HELP ME! i need dark basic source code for a simple game!!

Started by
16 comments, last by otakujosh 20 years ago
easy fellas, i was simply asking for a favor. by ''simple game'' i meant something like a 2d side-scrolling jet that shoots at things coming at it, not your opus...
Advertisement
Well, tell me, what''s the degree thing you''re doing? What are the requirements?

You certianly don''t want your future employer fireing you because you can''t do basic programing (or your disorganised, as posting a day before due date demonstrates).

If you''re employer hires you on the grounds you are qualified in X, you had better be able to do X, otherwise you''re on very shaky ground.
i''m working toward my bachelor''s degree in animation. i don''t even know why i would have to take this class because i have absolutely no interest in a career in programming, no offense. i believe programming is neat, but it''s just not my bag. when i''m looking for work in the field, i''ll be submitting my artwork, 2d, and 3d animation sequences. once again, i just want to pass this class so that i don''t have to repeat it next semester thus wasting another $1200. if you''re unwilling to help me, that''s fine. i thank you for your time regardless.
i'll give you the program if you give me your credit card number, name and experation date.

note: it is posible to get a dark basic game done before noon, it's the basic programining lanuge.

if you need any help contact me at cibressus@hotmail.com on msn messenger.

[edited by - cibressus on March 25, 2004 1:54:29 AM]
| Member of UBAAG (Unban aftermath Association of Gamedev)
I think you seriously underestimate the time it takes to create a ''simple'' game.
if i understood how to write code, i''m sure i could write a ''simple'' side scrolling shooter in an hour or two. no mouseclicks, just arrow keys and a spacebar. no high definition, no extravagant sounds or graphics, i''m talking something along the lines of ''asteroids'' or a life force/gradius (circa NES) type game.
Hmmm, interesting post, kid.
I agree with psamty10, 1000%!
You''re breaking forum protocols; & you''ll be very lucky if you only get your post deleted, & not unmercifully flamed for it.

Next time: Plan ahead, research your topic, ask for help & advice well in advance.
Never again assume that the entire rest of the world has to come to a screeching halt because you decided to try & find some sucker to do what you''re too lazy to do for yourself.

I''ll even dare say that a number of talented young game devs probably could''ve & would''ve gladly helped you with your project... if you had shown them even the simplest kind of respect for what they do, & posted an honest request when you first got your ''homework'' assignment.
But noooo. You even have the nerve to make it clear that you''re going to steal someone else''s work & take full credit for it---by either finding a willing participant, or ''downloading & modifying someone else''s work'' & putting your own name on it.
I hope this is just some kind of April Fool''s joke, josh.
You can''t possibly be serious. Thanks for the laughs!

Reality Check for otakujosh: Since you dare bother the rest of us with the fact that your homework is due Friday, March 26th, Before Noon---you might want to stop trolling these kinds of Boards for your quick-fix, & DO YOUR OWN HOMEWORK, KID!

"I want you to tell me a tale, the story that no one else will let you share... the one that whispers to you in your dreams, & haunts your every waking moment." ~Asharra
"I want you to tell me a tale, the story that no one else will let you share... the one that whispers to you in your dreams, & haunts your every waking moment." ~Asharra
With Tiffany_Smith at the GDC, I''m in charge of For Beginners, so before I close this, allow me to dispense edicts "from on high."

1. Your institution has guidelines concerning academic dishonesty. Believe it or not, those guidelines are there to help you. Obtaining a grade is not equivalent to gaining an education; if you''ve waited this long (at 10 weeks into the semester, and a day before deadline) before seeking help in a class in which you were floundering, you have larger problems that urgently need to be addressed.

Nothing is worse than telling an employer that you are qualified to do X and possessing no knowledge whatsoever.

2. The purpose of GameDev.Net is to provide assistance, learning resources and community for people who desire to learn how to make games - not to be a ready source of material for you to plagiarize.

3. There''s a general "no homework" policy on these forums; it''s strongest on the Math and Physics board, but it applies across the site. We are willing to provide pointers even on homework if you can show that you''ve made an effort and are seeking very specific clarifications, but we do not provide ready solutions for you. Do your own homework.

4. Lastly, you joined this board for the sole purpose of obtaining material that you can pass off as your own. There''s an inherent dishonesty in that - and your lack of contrition in the face of all the comments you''ve received indicates that you see nothing wrong in it. We don''t want people like you around here.

Thread closed. User banned.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement