what's differene with console and win32 ?

Started by
1 comment, last by psjie 20 years, 1 month ago
hi, i would like to develop a openGL programme in vc++.net but i don''t know what''s condole and win32 different?? and can anyone tell me if i don''t want use direct X, if i want to make sound, input, and others related with game programming with openGL only, what should i use? is it openGL glut? what''s glut??? how can i use it? thanks i''m newbie in this openGL.
Best Regards,from psjie
Advertisement
I console application basically runs in a dos-text-like window. If you want to develop a Windows OpenGL use win32. You can then use the Win32 API to make a window...

GLUT is a library full of routines that allows you to do common tasks that you need for OpenGL, that arnt actually included in OpenGL directly, like windowing and keyboard/mouse inputs. It means you dont have to go to the trouble of learning the windows API to get a basic openGL running.

GLUT is restrictve, but for a novice it is a good idea to use it. I would suggest you start with a blank project, and use GLUT as a starting point.

[edited by - Mr Lane on March 25, 2004 5:44:29 AM]
Console applications have a little DOS box that pops up. Win32 doesn''t. Both can do Win32 API stuff.

visit nehe.gamedev.net for opengl stuff

My Website | Everything you need to know about 3D Graphics | Google | Search the Forums

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement