Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

advice on what 2 use

This topic is 5012 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello I posted about this some time ago and I did get some appreciated responses but not quite what I was looking for. I didnt look into the matter any further due to lack of time, but I have some now. I have a little side project where I need to display a map. I read the map data from file. That is, map data as in locations and 'outlines'(borders) of cities,towns,provinces... up to street level. Now, the values I get are just lat/long values that are converted to XY coordinates. As you can imagine it takes quite a lot of XY values to describe some of these structures. The provinces alone are a couple of thousand. The XY values form polygons. If, for example, you had a province with 4 points : (0,0);(10,0);(10,10);(0,10) you'd have a nice square province. What I'd like is some suggestions on implementing this in D3D. It needs 2b as fast as possible. I'll also need to draw the outlines of these polygons, fill them and also obviously be able to zoom in and pan around. Any suggestions? kind regards, Pieter Lessing PS. Im still *very* new to D3D [edited by - plessing on March 26, 2004 4:54:40 AM]