Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DX Namespace not found

This topic is 5014 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have already created applications with DX9 and VB .NET. Now that I have acquired a new PC (I also have installed VB and DX9 SDK properly), the namespace Microsoft.DirectX isn''t found anymore. I have reinstalled the .NET Framework as well as DirectX, but VB still doesn''t see the DirectX Library. How can I implement DirectX in my Visual Basic program again? Thanks and greetings, Christoph Keller

There are no references, that exactly is my problem - VB doesn''t see any DirectX Libraries.
I am currently downloading another SDK Version, I hope it works with that.

I had the same problem. Unless I am mistaken you are getting this error message (or the VB equivalent as this was for C#):

The type or namespace name ''DirectX'' does not exist in the class or namespace ''Microsoft''

I just typed the error message I was getting into google and I found a website somewhere that described the fix. Apparently it''s some clash between the SDK and .NET setups.

You have to download the DirectX 9.0b Redistributable for Software Developers (dx90update_redist.exe which is 35MB). Then extract all the files but don''t automatically run the upgrade. You just need to run "dxsetup.exe /installmanageddx" as this will replace the setup of the namespace that got nuked.

Once I had done that I found that the Billboard sample that I downloaded for C# had compile errors in the sample code anyway. Yay Microsoft ! (rolls eyes)

R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is no point in flaming if you''ve merely poured fuel on your own head