Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win32 functions (now with new messages list question!)

This topic is 5014 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey I am working in Win32 (I skipped the pong and now I am just gonna do galaxian, (he just makes it easier for me ) ) and I am having a small mite o trouble in a simple area. The problem is I am not familiar with Win32, and that I know very little of what fnctions and such it has. I checked out MSDN and tried to find a good list, but I believe my inexperience might of led me in wierd directions. If someone has a list, or knows where or what to search for. Help? Thanks [edited by - RyoxSinfar on March 26, 2004 8:14:41 AM]

Oh yeah I use them. I''ve used what I have so far from them.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to turn a bitmap? So like I can load a straight line and make it diagnol? Havn''t seen anything on that and I figure it would be important in some things. Or do I just make a different picture for each angle?

Okay, now how about a list of callback messages? like all the WM_THINGS stuff? I can't find the ones I want off of the gametutorials programs I have been using as reference (looking by himself too, no I don't just post here and not look )

I think I found it here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/Windowing/Windows/WindowReference/WindowMessages/WM_DESTROY.asp but it is missing a bunch O them. Like WM_PAINT and WM_CHAR , maybe there is a more complete list? <- unneccesary happyness

[edited by - RyoxSinfar on March 25, 2004 10:55:44 AM]

You need ''Programming Windows'' by Charles Petzold. In my opinion its probably the best programming book ever written and will improve your C as well as teach you Win32.

Well thanks, but I don''t need to learn the language. I just need a list of messages that I CAN recieve, so I know what I need to put in for exceptions and such. Tutorials are not good for a list of things. I need lists?

quote:
Original post by RyoxSinfar
Thanks but I am not one for books. I like to teach myself, if I could just get some reference to see what I have to work with then I would be happy as a lamb!

Then your an idiot.