Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

About DirectX9 and C#

This topic is 5010 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am developing C# programs nowadays, I want to enter game programming with DirectX9 and C#. Can somebody give a good starting point (book, web source or some other source)? Thank you all. Cem Louis

You may want to try this. It is a very good tutorial and teaches you from the basics of creating a device with c# and dx9

here is a direct link to the tutorial even though it says tutorials it is 1 tutorial developing 1 game with c# and teaching you along the way. Hope it helps you out.

C# dx9 Tutorial

[edited by - TheNobleOne on March 25, 2004 8:15:23 PM]

[edited by - TheNobleOne on March 25, 2004 8:16:26 PM]

quote:
Original post by CodeMunkie
Honestly, the best resource is the sample code and documentation that comes with the SDK. It has everything you need. MSDN is also really good.

Last time I checked, the docs for MDX are still pretty bad. Everything is labeled ''preliminary'' and gives you basically all the class and function names with barely any description.

quote:
Original post by TheNobleOne
You may want to try this. It is a very good tutorial and teaches you from the basics of creating a device with c# and dx9

here is a direct link to the tutorial even though it says tutorials it is 1 tutorial developing 1 game with c# and teaching you along the way. Hope it helps you out.

C# dx9 Tutorial

Thank you very much TheNobleOne...

quote:
Can somebody give a good starting point [...]?

public static void Main()

SCNR :D

Just kidding

Regards,
VizOne

[edited by - VizOne on March 26, 2004 12:23:36 PM]

quote:
Original post by cemlouis
quote:
Original post by TheNobleOne

C# dx9 Tutorial

Thank you very much TheNobleOne...

No Problem actually I was looking for a tutorial on C# and directx 9 about say a month ago and I was googling and stumbled across that. I hope it helps you out greatly.