VS.NET 2003 academic?

Started by
2 comments, last by antareus 20 years, 1 month ago
Anyone have a copy of this? I''m working for my school''s High School Programming Contest, where high school kids from all across the state come in and do programming problems for four hours. Tentatively, they''ll be using VS.NET 2003 and J# to do these problems. The problem is ETS has a ''subset'' of Java that it teaches, which is basically a package around part of java.lang and java.util (e.g. ap.java.util.Vector, etc). We''re installing the APCS classes on the machines, and we need to locate the APCS J# classes. Supposedly they are on the academic edition of the CD, but our school''s MSDN access only has the professional version. It is strange that I can''t find the J# libraries for download on the web. I see mentions to them being made, but never the actual files. I did, however, get the APCS libraries for C++ downloaded and installed. Does this mean its illegal to distribute APCS J# classes? If not, I''m wondering if anyone out there has them and will be willing to root them out and send them to me.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
Advertisement
From what I understand, you don''t need to download a separate library for Java. The AP CS curriculum is based on a strict subset of the Java language, including the class library. I''ve only done limited tutoring for AP students in Java, but when I did, they didn''t try to use a "ap.java..." package. Nor does the source code for the MBS sample seem to use anything from an "ap.java..." package.

At least, when I browsed the college board Java subset outline the packages are still referred to with the standard Java names.

Of course, it''s not my job on the line if I turn out to be wrong.
Does this help? <A HREF="http://www.msdnaa.net/content/?Microsoft_Visual_J_sharp_NET">Link</A>
AP:
That was the first place I checked.

SiCrane:
That is what someone else confirmed in an email I got this morning. I noticed that the AP classes provide an implementation of a PriorityQueue, however. Since a PriorityQueue might be nice for the AP-level problems I may just leave it off entirely, it is hard enough getting the correct AP C++ libraries on here.

Thank you.
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement