Installing OpenGL

Started by
3 comments, last by DigitalChaos 20 years ago
How do I install OpenGL onto my Windows XP system? I use Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Standard Edition. I looked into the includes and I see no OpenGL includes. Where do I get all the files? Also, I installed the files from The OpenGL Superbible Second Edition and I tried running one of the programs and i get the error: "The application failed to start because glut32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." What is this error and how do I fix it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
try platformSDK\include

GLUT isn't part of OpenGL. You'd need to download that separately. Just type GLUT win32 into google and you'll find it

[edited by - benjamin bunny on March 26, 2004 3:55:32 AM]

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

Ok, I downloaded GLUT for Win32. I put the glut32.dll into my system32 directory and I had no more problems with that error. Also, I saw no OpenGL includes in platformSDK\include. There isn''t even a gl folder in \include or platformSDK\include. So in the file I downloaded, I created the folder gl and put the glut.h in there. But I know there are other OpenGL headers and libraries. Where can I get these? For instance, the book I have uses gl.h and glut32.h.
The openGL headers and libs are definitely part of .NET 2002 and .NET 2003 pro editions; I''d be very surprised if they''re not part of the standard edition. You are looking in vc7\platformSDK\include\GL and vc7\platformSDK\lib\, right?

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

my mistake, they were there in platformSDK folder. I added the glut.h and glut32.lib to the proper areas. I thought they had to be in both vc7\include AND vc7\platformSDK\include. Thanks for your help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement