A question about methods of coloring art ???

Started by
3 comments, last by KuroKage 20 years ago
HI, I just want to ask everyone''s opinion about how you color your art. Basically, almost all of us use the "sketch on paper-scan-and color in photoshop" pattern when it comes to cell style coloring of characters (anime style). However, if it comes to background objects, how do you guys do it. Right now I still suck at background coloring and wanted to get some insights from you guys. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
Advertisement
I personally never color in photoshop, I color by hand with gel pens and crayola/roseart markers. I also know people who prefer coloring in Illustrator (using meshes) or coloring in Painter to coloring in Photoshop.

[edited by - sunandshadow on March 26, 2004 11:43:10 AM]

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hey Kuro, try using textures. Of course that you will have to edit them after applied on your work, using different combinations of tools (I mean, gradients, brush strokes, smudges...)to give volume on your objects. And if your background have some distance of the 1st plan, use a little ammount of gaussian blur.
Hi,

Poucas, sorry if this''ll seem a little stupid but what I do understand about the term "textures" is like putting up details to whatever object you''re drawing into so that it doesn''t look like a flat object or something. If I have the definition correct then are there any tutorials in it? THANKS IN ADVANCE
Kuro, my friend! When I mentioned "Textures" I wanted to say that you can take pre-made textures to apply in your object and after this qive it the correct volume, lights, shadows, etc, with the corrects tools, like gradient, dodge tool...

Try this site to take some of them:
textures.forrest.cz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement