Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Correct Order of making .X files using max

This topic is 5003 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Have any1 successfully made a .X with animation using Character Studio ? I am stuck for a fews days.... on this. I had tried exporting with panda and DX exporter that come with the SDK and I still cant load the .X into the mesh viewer. Do you guys know of any good step by step tutorials on this...?

Hihi....

I see that no one had reply this post. And some how i had managed to get it right after multiple tries......

If you using MAX 4 and Character Studio to create .X files and cant export the animated data. This is the workable steps.

1. Model your object
2. Export as 3DS file
3. Reset MAX
4. Import the 3DS file
5. Then BIPED your model
6. Animate
7. Export using the DirectX exporter that comes with Direct X

Hope this info is helpfull.

So you can''t actually model and animate the mesh in one .max file? That''s kinda weird that you have to export, only to import it back in again. Then again, X files always have been, and probably always will be, weird.

Wow....

Now i have another problem..

After I managed to export the mesh and the mesh could be viewed in the mesh viewer.

I went to test my .X file on the actual codes. I used the codes that is in the SAMs: Kick Start for C# written by Tom Miller, it gives me errors ... lots of them......

Any1 manage to do .X animation using C# and managed directX ?
Or do you know any sites that have these tutorials?

I feel the documentation avaliable on managed directX had been poor.