Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First game made - Randor

This topic is 5008 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently decided to get a geocities account to upload files to for others to download and I thought "Hey, why not just upload the really old and crappy game I made." So I did. I made it in '97 with djgpp and allegro and it's fun to play if very bad in graphics and lacking any form of plot or sound or anything. So here it is to download. http://www.geocities.com/parthonsoftware/randor.zip Instructions are unfortunately in the readme, and we all know how little that gets read. Hope you find it amusing at least for a while. [edited by - Parthon on March 26, 2004 10:15:30 AM]

That was coded over about a year when I was just learning c.

Some of the code is horrendously bad as I didn''t know any of the c language at the time. I was setting strings one char at a time because I hadn''t yet learnt about strcpy().

The source code ended up being 93,881 bytes to be exact over 3200 lines. I hadn''t heard of make files yet so it was all in one file with most of that file being a single main program.

I planned very little out because I knew in my head what I wanted to do, create a zelda clone. Almost no planning and just lots of coding.

I''m remaking it now, I''ll be posting updates of how I''m going in a few weeks when what I''m working on surpasses what I have there.

If you want send you''re email to parthon at hotmail and I''ll send you the source and you can cringe at it.