Is it possible to get a non-rectangular gl window

Started by
4 comments, last by Rohland 20 years ago
Hi What I want to know is if its possible at all to render an Opengl that will be completely transparent (so that you can see the desktop for example) at parts. An example is rendering a sphere while the area around it is completely transparent. Im not sure if grabbing screenshots and texture mapping those is the most effecient solution. I know that you can set transparency for win2k and xp os windows but no such luck as yet with opengl windows. Anyone out there ever done this ? Any leads would be useful.. Thanks Rohland
Rohland
Advertisement
Yes. Use ummm, the desktops handle? and uggg forget it, I can''t explain... I have done it, I could get you some source.

nebbish \NEB-ish\, noun:
A weak-willed, timid, or ineffectual person.
<-- My traffic hits are too low, pleesse for the love of god just come and visit my site, oh god will someone please help meeeee!"Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall." - Grizwald
Wow that was a quick response

As I say any clues on how to do this would be useful,so if you have source code that you are willing to share that would be awesome...

Have you read any articles on this topic that would help?

Rohland
Rohland
IF Speed is not a problem you could mask your Rectangular View,But that would mean rendering stuff that dont even get seen
Spy
See the "Eyekeeper" download at the bottom of this page:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/downloads/download.asp?letter=E

[edited by - BriTeg on March 26, 2004 7:10:29 PM]
Brianmiserere nostri Domine miserere nostri
Hi

Thanks a lot.. Source code is extremely helpful..

Rohland
Rohland

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement