Critique me....

Started by
6 comments, last by pointguard1 20 years ago
Anyone who''s feeling especially chipper today can come see my website, help me generate traffic, and pick apart my website design. If your feeling a little irritable, send me some spam, and tell me to get the heck out of this forum and post on a web developing site instead of a gamedev site. Thnx! KaBeeM Web Happy Websurfing! ------------------------------------ KaBeeM Web
<><
------------------------------------KaBeeM Web
<><
Advertisement
yuck
I agree with the last post - yuck.

It is needlessly visually busy - too many boxes, high contrast letters and backgrounds. The boxes also make it hard to distinguish your content from what looks like a banner ad at the top.

There is little quick information on what it is you do - what the purpose of the site is. I saw something about PLC, whatever that is, and that you sell computers I guess. But, my quick look over your home page - which is all people will usually do - they don''t sit and read all pages in detail - didn''t give me a sense of your business.
h im not really fealing it. seems to have too much of a front page ook to it, also could we get some fullscreen screen shots?

good start though!

take it easy
Quoting the html-source:
quote:
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">

I agree, as it is it looks pretty bad, but I don''t think it''s because the overall design sucks, just elements of it.

For example, that light blue color, for me at least, always lends an "amateurish" look to a page. I don''t know why, but I always associate the light blues with cheap, crappy pages. Changing the colors would do wonders I think.

Also, the "main menu" or whatever you want to call it to the left of the banner would be more aesthetically well-placed if it were laid out across the screen below the banner.

I know that seems almost like a cliche in terms of menu placement, but there is a reason that the standard location of that menu has evolved to what it is...

Anyway, I think those things will make an enormous difference.
For example, that light blue color, for me at least, always lends an "amateurish" look to a page. I don''t know why, but I always associate the light blues with cheap, crappy pages. Changing the colors would do wonders I think.

Yeah, color affects our emotions. Blue can be considered a neutral, passive color, but it still has its negative connotations -- sadness, naivety, depression.

Your website is too saturated. You need to back down on the saturation and use more complimentary colors. The bright cyan edges of your tables are just eye-burningly bright. I had to close my browser before I could even figure out what your site was about.

To a little research on color theory; This will help your website immensely.

---
- 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris
[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
Wow... I really appreciate your input. You can be sure I will act on your suggestions. I will just have to rid myself of my affection for cyan. I guess I''m quirky that way. Anyway thnx for the suggestions. I''ll work on getting some fullscreen screenshots as well.

Constructive criticism, when taken the right way, is much more productive than pats on the back. ~Anon

------------------------------------
KaBeeM Web

<><

------------------------------------KaBeeM Web
<><

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement