Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using the D3DX library

This topic is 5012 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''m having trouble with using the D3DX library with Borland C++ Builder. I have the library files specific to it, but I''m missing something for D3DX9 as I can use D3D9, but when i include d3dx9.h i get several errors in d3dx9math.inl, including "undefined symbol ''UINT_PTR'' ". Does anyone know what I can do to get D3DX9 to work with BCB, or does anyone have the correct files for this to work? Thanks very much for any help, it''s much appreciated!

DirectX 8 LIB files for C++Builder

Using DirectX with C++Builder

DirectX 8 Borland LIBs

Edit: I see your using DirectX 9

DirectX libraries for C++Builder - C++ Builder pack, containing all info and files needed to compile any DirectX 9.0 SDK projects. Compatible with DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (Summer 2003)

[edited by - eFoDay on March 27, 2004 1:01:30 AM]

It turns out the problem is that my BCB library is too outdated (version 3 of Borland C++ Builder) and that I don''t have UINT_PTR defined. When I do define it (someone gave me the definition part), I get 2 errors.

I''m not too sure about typedef syntax, can anyone spot any errors without needing a context?

typedef _W64 int INT_PTR, *PINT_PTR;
typedef _W64 unsigned int UINT_PTR, *PUINT_PTR;

And the 2 errors are ", expected" for first line of code, and
"Too many types for declaration" on the second line.

I am very grateful for any help. As you can imagine, its a nightmare configuring DirectX9 for use with Borland C++ Builder!