Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jemburula

The beginnings

Jemburula    341
Hello! I have a few newbie questions and I will be very greatful for you to answer them. I am fairly new to C++ and have just got into MFC programming which I dislike some of it severly. What I would like to know is: 1. Is there much MFC programming in game programming? 2. Could someone point me in the direction of the best and most useful DirectX game programming tutorial for MSVC++6 they know? 3. Have you got any good Pointer tutorials? Thanks!

Sneftel    1788
quote:
Original post by Jemburula
1. Is there much MFC programming in game programming?

Not in game engines, no. There''s about zero. However, MFC is commonly used in creating tools peripheral to a game, such as level editors. IMHO, much better tools exist for such things, such as VB. Still, it couldn''t hurt to know.
quote:
2. Could someone point me in the direction of the best and most useful DirectX game programming tutorial for MSVC++6 they know?

Forum FAQ
quote:
3. Have you got any good Pointer tutorials?

Get a really good BOOK on programming, if you don''t have one already. No, online tutorials generally don''t cut it. Trust me on this, get a copy of Teach Yourself C++ In 21 Days or something. It''ll have all you need to know about pointers in it, and from there all you have to do is think about it really hard.

"Sneftel is correct, if rather vulgar." --Flarelocke