Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DivineLight

DirectX Engines Aches

DivineLight    100
Hi! I''ve writing engine for cople of months, & i now want to show it off to take some suggestion from you people. Please see this source code and if you can fix these bugs please let me know. http://www.geocities.com/darkengine2d/files/thedarkengine.zip Read the ToDot.txt. Please do me some sugestions, i''m very confused to what to do next.

circlesoft    1178
Although I can''t compile it (I''m missing some header files or something - probably from a previous SDK), the code looks great. Good job!

It looks structured fairly well, with the separate graphics and input cores. What are you confused with, exactly?

I suggest that you try to integrate a game core into the engine, so that you can actually use it for something. Most of the time, the engine is actually separate from the game, so that the two are very independent.

If you are having trouble with the concepts (which it doesn''t really look like you do - you''ve already got a good, solid base), try reading up on the Enginuty series here on gamedev.

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP

DivineLight    100
Hey pretty thanks for the appreciation, please if you know some DX Programming, can you join me. Actually i''m working alone and it''s lot a pain.
To comment a single module it take days, to tweek it it takes me weeks to complete & etc etc.

If you are interested then please work with me & if not then no problem it''s your own life