Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Retrieving current modelview matrix...

This topic is 5013 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve made a few similar posts here recently, but i think this one still deserves a thread of its own. Under OpenGL, how do I retrive the current Matrices in the stack? I want to simulate the transformations a vertex goes by till it is rasterized... ... I''ve got a well designed Excel page with macros for matrix & vertex math, cause I''m trying not only to understand the graphics pipeline, but to understand some of the math used in shaders, specificly, knowing in which "space" to put a vertex to perform a certain calculation (ex: put the vertex in world-space to do lighting calculation, or x-space to do this/that...) I''m also adding stuff to my engine to be able to visualy see the impact it has when I alter a value in a matrix, etc... Thanks for any inputs on this... Salsa cooked it, your eyes eat it!
[Hugo Ferreira][Positronic Dreams][Colibri 3D Engine][Entropy HL2 MOD][My DevDiary]
[Yann L.][Enginuity] [Penny Arcade] [MSDN][VS RoadMap][Humus][BSPs][UGP][NeHe]
                          Prozak - The GameDever formally known as pentium3id