Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ekim_Gram

Damn you MSVC++.NET!!

Ok, for the past month I''ve been developing games and sending my friends little mini betas when I progress and add something. Everything has been working fine but then out of nowhere it stared asking for MSVCR71D.dll. So I packed it in with the zip but it still asked for it. I told them to put it in the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder and still no go. What''s wrong?
VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions

I know you didn't but I find it a bit offensive that you didn't assume that I tried that already.

Also, I put it to build in release and now I've got an assload of unresolved external symbols...

EDIT: Ok, I fixed the unresolved errors but now I'm getting some strange linker errors...

Linking...
msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBC.lib(typinfo.obj)
msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBC.lib(typinfo.obj)
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj)
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _strncpy already defined in LIBC.lib(strncpy.obj)
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _fopen already defined in LIBC.lib(fopen.obj)
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _fgetc already defined in LIBC.lib(fgetc.obj)
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _fclose already defined in LIBC.lib(fclose.obj)
msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: __isctype already defined in LIBC.lib(isctype.obj)
LIBC.lib(crt0init.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
Release/Space Blasters.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions

[edited by - Ekim_Gram on March 27, 2004 1:58:38 PM]

I am not positive of this, but I don''t think you are really suppose to redistribute that dll. I don''t remember where I ran across this info; maybe on the MS website?

Over all, send people release builds - it likes to the version of the runtime they already have, and it keeps you on the legal side of things anyway.

change the settings under C++->Code generation to use multi-threaded runtime library instead of single threaded