fx composer and others...

Started by
1 comment, last by edwinnie 20 years ago
ok i need to understand this logic: suppose i got a model in .x file format,loaded into fx composer, edited with it, saved the fx project as .fx so if a shader-based engine tries to load the .fx and its vertex shader program, it would still need the .x model? thx! Edwinz
Advertisement
No. The compiled shader can be used on any vertex buffer source. That model parameter is only used by fx composer to select the model it should use at that moment. In your app, the shader will use the vertices in the vertex stream, regardless of their origin.
i see
tats gd!

But i got another qn:
suppose there is more than one object in the scene, so how would u position the objects in this case, since u have loaded the mesh files into fx composer, and exported a scenegraph.xml via fx composer?

can it be done easily in fx composer or its better to use a level editing program first?

also can fx composer apply shader stuffz differently for >1 object in the scene as desired? or the shader stuffz applied in there will generally affect all the objects in the scene by default?

thx!
Edwinz

[edited by - edwinnie on March 28, 2004 3:33:19 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement